Keukenhof Tour from Rotterdam & The Hague
From Rotterdam and The Hague a 60/90 minutes ride will take you to the most famous tulip park in the Netherlands; Keukenhof. Before enjoying an oriëntation guided tour of the park, see the breathtaking views of the flowerfields (in season). Then enjoy some hours of free time to wander through the park. Before you set off on your own your guide will reveal the park’s unique character and give you insider’s tips about the restaurants, shops, attractions and activities on the park.
After a panoramic ride from Rotterdam and The Hague to the bulbflower area around Lisse, we start your tour by making a scenic ride in this area. Depending upon the season you see a landscape with colourful bulbflower carpets in almost any colour you can imagine. We try to find a spot where we can stop to make some pictures.
Then we continue to the true highlight of this tour, the park Keukenhof. Once a mere kitchen garden filled with vegetables and herbs, the Keukenhof - smack dab in the middle of South Holland’s tulip region - now has the distinction of being the world’s largest flower garden, hosting some 800,000 visitors per year. This guided tour will take you through the 15 kilometers of footpaths and 32 hectares of gardens, where millions of bulbs are planted each year. Tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, and other spring bulbs of a variety of vibrant colors carpet the grounds. Stroll through the English landscape garden, the Japanese country garden, and the historical garden. Take in the flower sculpture, based on an annual theme.
Just don’t forget to bring your camera - this is an experience you won’t want to forget!
• Guided visit of the Keukenhof
• Enjoy a scenic ride in the flowerfields area
• All entrance fees included
• Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
• Informative, friendly and professional guide
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• Live commentary on board
Excluded: Food, drinks and gratuities (optional)
Important to know: A small amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Languages: English, Spanish and German
Departure point and time: Spido Rotterdam: at 10am, at the bus parking Spido harbourcruises, Willemsplein 85, Rotterdam
- Central Rotterdam: at 10:15am, next to central station at the tour bus stop (Conradstraat 9, Rotterdam).
- The Hague: at 10:45am, at the bus stop Prinsessegracht, next to ministery of finance, Prinsessegracht between the corners of Korte Voorhout and Casuariestraat.- Prinsessegracht The Hauge.
Duration: 7 hours